ads

Chapter 180 In the Pope's Room




April 5, 2031




 I woke up at 3am as usual, but I felt sluggish. I'm sure the mental damage hasn't healed yet.




 When I opened my eyes and looked at Clarisse, she was sleeping with the face of an angel, hugging my right arm tightly.




 Normally, my partner would wake up when I felt Clarisse's soft object on my right arm, but he hasn't been feeling well since yesterday. After all, my heart and my partner are one and the same...




 Looking to the other side, Alice was sleeping soundly...I slowly got out of bed so as not to wake them up. Well, since both of them are running out of MP, it's unlikely they will wake up easily.




 All the other members were also sound asleep. I was worried if Ellie could sleep well, but she must have been quite tired... It seems she was talking to Marth in her sleep.




 I left the room without making any noise and stepped into the still-dark city of Elhagen.




 Now that I think about it, I defeated two vampires and my level went up...






[Name] Mars Bryant

[Title] Thunder God/Wind King/Saint/Goblin Slaughterer

[Status] Human race, second son of Earl Bryant family

[Condition] Good

[Age] 11 years old

[Level] 43

[HP] 111/111

[MP]8080/8080

[Strength] 105

[Agility] 104

[Magic power] 120

[dexterity] 101

[Durability] 97

[Luck] 30


[Unique ability] Natural Ability (LvMAX)

[Unique ability] Celestial Eye (Lv10)

[Unique ability] Lightning magic (Lv9/S)

[Special ability] Swordsmanship (Lv9/A)

[Special ability] Fire magic (Lv5/D)

[Special ability] Water magic (Lv5/D)

[Special ability] Earth magic (Lv6/C)

[Special ability] Wind magic (Lv10/A)

[Special ability] Holy magic (Lv8/A)


[Equipment] Thunder Sword

[Equipment] Salamander Sword

[Equipment] Thunder God robe

[Equipment] Disguise bracelet




 Even if I killed three vampires, there would be no title for it...I was a little relieved. I was a bit scared that I might get a title like "Murderer."




 I stroll through the streets of Elhagan. The town was very quiet, probably mourning Hissu's death. While wandering around aimlessly, before I knew it I was in front of the cathedral where Hissu was sleeping.




 Normally, the cathedral would not be open at this time. However, today the lights were on in the cathedral.




 As I slowly tried to open the cathedral door, a temple knight who had been keeping an eye on the surroundings rushed in, but when he saw my face, he let me in easily.




 When we entered the cathedral, there were temple knights guarding us as well, but they didn't say anything.




 I somehow found myself walking towards the Pope's Hall. Well, the only place I know inside the cathedral is the Pope's room.




 Along the way, other temple knights found me, but they were not accused of anything; in fact, some of them even bowed to me.




 There were two temple knights guarding the front of the Pope's Hall, but when they saw my face, they opened the door to the Pope's Hall.




 Entering the Pope's room, I found a haggard Pope inside, looking at Hissu who were sleeping peacefully. He probably hasn't eaten or slept.




“Pope… are you okay?”




 When I called out to the Pope, he responded




"Marth...I'm fine. After all, I'm the Pope who protects Elhagan."




 He lifted the sheath of Clarent, showing a forced cheerfulness. It looked very painful, and he had a more tragic expression than anyone else.




"Now that I think about it, Marth... Was it Marth who healed this arm?"




 He showed me his right arm, which was wrapped in bandages.




"Yes...I wasn't the one who put the bandages on you, but I was the one who chanted high heals to the Pope. I tried to chant high heels after getting the Pope's approval, but..."




"I see... Thank you for everything... I never thought Marth could use holy magic... A person loved by the gods, perhaps..."




 The Pope must have expected it somehow.




"Actually...I think Hissu wanted to leave the city of Elhagan."




 The Pope suddenly started talking about Hissu. I listen to the Pope in silence.




"But, I guess he was worried about leaving me alone... He complained about all sorts of things and was bothering those around me. I started relying on Hissu like that too. When I realized it, Hissu had already become an indispensable person in this town. If Hissu leaves this town, it seems like all the adventurers in this town will also leave. Hissu, who has a sense of responsibility, has become an indispensable person in this town. There's no way he could say he wants to leave..."




 The Pope was in tears again.




"It's strange...I cried so much to wither... "




 Tears fell from the Pope's eyes again, and after crying for a while, he asked me.




“How long will Marth and the others stay in Elhagan?”




"We haven't decided yet, but we have a designated quest after this. I'm thinking of leaving once I can confirm that Elhagan is safe."




 In response to the Pope's question




"I see... Can you participate in Hissu's funeral? I can request it as a quest if needed..."




 He probably wants me to participate, but more than that, he probably wants Dominique to attend.




"Of course. I was planning on attending without being asked."




 The Pope looked relieved at my answer.




"By the way, I heard from Dominique that Marth and the others also defeated vampires other than our master's nemesis?"




"Yes. The vampire who is the enemy of Pope's and Hissu-san master is named Upior and we also defeated three vampires named Upiil, Upiur, and Upiel in the northeast of Elhagan. All three of them are slightly weaker than Upior.”




 When I answered the Pope's question




“Upior? huh....And to think that you could defeat three vampires…Maybe the sword that Marth is equipped with is made of orichalcum? It was able to easily cut through and pierce the strong bodies of vampires… …”




 I never expected that name to come out of the pope's mouth.




"Your Holiness, I don't think my sword is made of orichalcum. This sword was given to me by my sword master, but it's a bit special. Anyone other than me, or more precisely, anyone other than me and Clarisse, who equips it, they become completely paralyzed.


Please let me ask you a question as well. Your Holiness knows about orichalcum, right? How is orichalcum processed? I got hold of orichalcum, but even when I asked blacksmiths and accessory shops, they haven't even heard of the name, they'll just confused.''




“Does Marth have Orichalcum!?”




 The Pope asked in surprise, so I showed him the orichalcum that I had carefully kept in my bag.




"Oh, it's real... As far as I know, I think there's only one person in the world who can process orichalcum..."




 Now I have to find that one person... It seems like I'll have to search for years. I wanted to process it as soon as possible...




“I see… If you know, could you please tell me who can process it?”




 When I asked the Pope, he said




"...It's me."




 yeah? I didn't catch it properly. It sounded like"It's me"...




"I'm sorry, Pope. I couldn't understand you very well, so may I ask you again?"




 When I asked again




"...Me. In other words, as far as I know, only the Pope of the Diadora Holy Kingdom can forge orichalcum..."




 I froze when I heard the Pope's words. Can the Pope process orichalcum? In my dictionary, it says that the person who can use orichalcum is a master craftsman from the demon world, so I thought it was definitely a blacksmith...




"Does Marth want to make something with this orichalcum?"




 The Pope asked me while I was frozen.




"Yes. If possible, I would like to make a special one..."




 I said this while looking into the Pope's eyes, his face relaxed a little.




"It's okay, you don't have to make such a face. However, my right hand has become like this. And it is said that when forging orichalcum, you need the help of someone with considerable strength and magic. Besides, I've never forged orichalcum myself... Will you help?"




 He's saying unexpected things. What kind of expression did I have? Did I look up at him?




"Of course! Then, please call me when you have time after Hissu-san's funeral. Until then, I will stay in this city, subjugate the undead, and work on renovating the town more thoroughly."




 I feel like the Pope's complexion has improved considerably.




 Even if the Pope wanted to ask for advice, there was no one he could easily turn to, so he was probably stuck in various ways.




 I don't think he would tell his wife Arina any gruesome stories...I wish there was someone like Hissu who would support the Pope...but I don't have any idea who that person is...




"Marth. Thank you. I felt much better after talking to Marth. I'm going to go home, sleep, and then prepare for Hissu's funeral. I'll explain the schedule later, so please go back now too."




 The Pope said to me as I pondered in silence. Surely, he's trying to convince himself as well.




"Understood. I'll take my leave. I apologize for bothering you at this late hour."




 With that, I left the cathedral. It's almost 6 o'clock already. Let's go back to the inn and wait for the angels to wake up.




TN : if you found something wrong just let me know


If you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Prev    Toc    Next

Comments

  1. Thank you for the depressing chapter

    (The heal/heel switcheroo happened in the beginning of the chapter btw)

    -the chariot

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

ads